The Helping Children after Divorce Program: A Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course
Through the Helping Children after Divorce Program, we will provide you with what is known through research about how to decrease the probability that your child will experience both short and long-term negative consequences from divorce.
In this course, you will learn the following:
1) The effects of divorce on children and factors that influence the impact.
2) How to develop a mindset that allows you to take care of your part in reducing the suffering that your child or children experience from divorce.
3) The in and outs of parenting after divorce, and what seems to work best.
4) Common patterns that pull children into parental conflict.
5) How to cope effectively with the other parent and challenges that may come with re-defining a new type of relationship.
The Helping Children after Divorce program is an interactive program that allows you to easily take in a large amount of information in the form of audio, video, visual aids, handout downloads, and quiz questions. The format frequently draws attention to important points with in each learning module, and allows you to learn in a relaxed format at your own pace. You can finish the program in one sitting, or you can log off and return at a later time. After you have finished the program you will be provided with a certificate of completion that you can give to the presiding judge in your case, should you need to.
The Helping Children after Divorce program is an approved online provider by the State of Florida Dept. of Children and Families. It is also consistent with court-ordered divorce parenting courses across the United States, However, if a parenting program is mandatory for your divorce case, It is important for you to check with your judge and make sure your course meets criteria for acceptance. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions about criteria that your judge or court has about acceptable parenting courses.